Those interested in financial support must submit their registrations and abstracts until May 11th.
The granting of support depends on the authorship of the work to be presented during the meeting. The first author must be the one to submit the abstract to the form during the registration. Co-authors will not be able to request support.
The abstracts will be selected by the scientific committee and the beneficiaries will be announced by middle August, or as soon as we have the resources approved by the funding agencies.
Note: the granting of support depends also on the amount of resources approved for RAU by the funding agencies.
LNLS will observe the following rules for concession of benefits:
Financial support regarding air tickets may be granted to participants who have Masters or PhD degree, or to the guest speakers. It may also be granted to Masters or PhD students from institutions located at distances that correspond to ten-hour travelling by bus or more.
Reimbursement of bus ticket or mileage
May be granted to participants who are studying for a Masters or who have a higher title/degree.
May be granted to participants who are studying for a Masters or who have a higher title/degree. Applicants from institutions based in Campinas are not accepted for granting accommodation support.
Researchers who receive productivity grants level 1 from CNPq are not able to receive any kind of financial support.
- The participants who are receiving financial support of any kind must be present on the meeting full time, not only during the day when their work will be presented (poster or oral communication).
- In case of “no show” at the event, the beneficiaries must send an explanation message at least one week in advance, in order to avoid the charging on the air ticket and the hotel daily rate for no show. As the charging depends on our supplier’s policies and there is no possibility to cancel in time, the beneficiaries must assume the responsibility for their expenses.
- The participants who received air ticket grants will be able to choose the flight dates between September 13– 19, 2015. It will not be allowed any change in date (anticipation or extension) after the ticket emission. The check-in must be made online and it is mandatory to send all the boarding passes to email@example.com right after the boarding procedure. The changing of tickets or the loss of boarding pass will imply in refusal of grant in next events promoted by the LNLS/CNPEM.
- After the notification of granting, all beneficiaries will receive a “commitment agreement” which must be signed and sent to the organizing committee (firstname.lastname@example.org). In the document, the participant declares to be aware of all rules above and, in case of non-compliance, commits himself to reimburse the financial resources improperly used or unused.
- The grant will not necessarily cover costs of both accommodation and transportation in all cases. The organizing committee is committed to inform what kind of assistance was conceded to all beneficiaries, considering distance and the expense price.
The abstract must be submitted by the article’s first author. During the abstract submission the author must inform:
- Academic level when the experiment was performed: Scientific Initiation (IC), Masters (M), Doctorate (D), Postdoctoral (PD), industry developer (IN), others (O);
- Number of the research proposal referring to the abstract submitted.
We remind you that it will be accepted only abstracts of which experiments were part or integrally done at the Brazilian Synchrotron Light Laboratory (LNLS) installations. The scientific committee suggests to the authors to give preference to results obtained from a recently published proposal.
Authors may choose between two categories: oral communication and poster. It is up to RAU’s Scientific Committee to evaluate your choice and inform the presentation format.