REAL (R$) is the currency used in Brazil. It is possible to find some options for exchanging money at the airports or in the city of Campinas.
If needed, there is an exchange service at Fast Cash Casa de Câmbio (fastcashcambio.com.br), located at Rua Jacy Teixeira de Camargo, 940 Jardim do Lago, Campinas (inside Campinas Shopping – Campinas Shopping – brMalls), located 10 minutes away from the venue (Royal Palm Convention Center).
The climate is tropical but mitigated by elevation. Winters are generally dry and mild, while summers are rainy with warm temperatures.
Tips in bars and restaurants are already included in the bill, which corresponds to 10% of the total amount spent. In some places, the waiter/waitress will ask if they can add the “service fee”, as it may be called. Although not mandatory, it is very common to accept.
In Brazil, the voltage is 110 or 220 V, depending on the city. In Campinas, the voltage is 110 V and 60HZ. Electrical outlet plugs and sockets in Brazil follow type N. Visitors should bring plug adapters and voltage transformers to their electric/electronic devices if necessary.
Visitors to Brazil must obtain a visa from a Brazilian Consulate (in some cases, Embassy) unless they come from a visa-exempt country – check the list of countries for a visa required at the following links: 1) English (see the “caption” on the first page and column “Vivis – Visit Visa” in the table for the corresponded visa information); 2) Português version.
In case of questions, it is strongly recommended you check with your local Brazilian diplomatic mission if you need to apply for a tourist visa beforehand, Consular Offices of Brazil.
Information on this topic can be found at Brazilian Consulate portal: Brazilian Consulate portal.
Important: bear in mind you must apply for a visa in advance, at least 2 months before the intended travel to have enough time to get it.
- VISA Invitation Letter
The Local Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org) can provide a letter of invitation if you need to present it for a visa. The requirements may differ from country to country. Please, check what applies in your case and upload the info as your passport number, your date of birth and date of arrival in ConfTool (Edit User Account Details).
The invitation letter is available only for registered participants and the DHL fee is not included in the conference fee if you need the original letter.
Note the Invitation Letter does not guarantee a Brazilian visa.
The passport must be valid for at least six months beyond your planned date of departure from Brazil.
- Travel Insurance
You may consider an insurance policy of your choice to protect your interests in relation to cancellations, medical expenses, loss or damage to personal property. The conference organizers cannot take any responsibility for participants failing to arrange their own insurance.
COVID Vaccination Policy
The complete proof of vaccination or the first dose plus a negative test for Covid-19 should be proven at the conference venue according to the test type:
- PCR – 48 hours before entering the establishment
- Antigen – 24 hours before entering the establishment
Current local regulatory norms in Campinas city.
- Face Cover Requirements
Indoor masks are voluntary for all people regardless of their COVID vaccination status (vaccinated and unvaccinated).
Masks are still required on public transportation and in Health Care settings, including Lab Health Services.
Note: In-person activities at CNPEM campus in Campinas-SP are planned following the sanitary recommendations on the COVID-19 pandemic and are subject to change, which may lead to cancellation, postponement or migration to online realization only.
How to get to Royal Palm Convention Center | Campinas
If you are coming from
|Airport to Campinas city:||R$ 608,22
|Campinas to GRU Airport:
(~94 USD) –
(~118 USD) *
* If the return is linked to the arrival using Guarucoop of GRU/Cps, there is 20% discount on the value, therefore the return price will be R$ 486,58 (~94 USD).
If the return is purchased alone, the price is the same as the arrival.
🚩🚨But atention : the person must reserve the return (Cps/GRU) to guarantee the discount.
Located at the Landing Terminals:
Terminal 1 (Departure / Arrival)
Terminal 2 (Arrival – East/West)
Terminal 3 (Arrival)
|VCP to Venue:||R$ 95,00
Located at the Arrivals Area, Floor -1.
For scheduling a vehicle/driver OR for VAN (for 10 seats) in advance, email one of the company below informing your flight details:
|Shuttle transfer company:||GRU airport x Campinas||VCP airport x Campinas|
+55 19 3207-3252
+55 19 99792-1548 (mobile)
|R$ 580,00 for 2 passengers;
R$ 900,00 for 10 passengers.
Plus airport parking (R$ 65)
|R$ 180,00 for 2 passengers;
R$ 380,00 for 10 passengers.
Plus airport parking (R$ 65)
+55 11 2039-1139 r. 1215
R$ 559,00 for 2 passengers;
R$ 978,00 for 10 passengers.
Plus a 5% fee and airport parking (R$ 65)
|R$ 168,00 for 2 passengers;
R$ 252,00 for 10 passengers.
Plus a 5% fee and airport parking (R$ 65)
Shuttle Buses run between GRU Airport and Campinas Bus Terminal (called “Terminal Multimodal Ramos de Azevedo”). Tickets are available from the “Lirabus” company booth located on Terminal 2, next to the main parking lot. Tickets to Campinas cost around BRL 35 each*. The bus timetable is available at the company website (select “Cumbica (Guarulhos)”). The bus trip from GRU Airport to Campinas Bus Terminal (120 km) takes around 2 hours and thirty minutes.
- The bus company LIRABUS does the trajectory from both airports (GRU and VCP) to Campinas. Daily schedule and ticket prices can be checked on the Lirabus Website.
- Busses from the Airports and from other cities will arrive at the Campinas Bus Terminal called “Terminal Multimodal Ramos de Azevedo”.
- Taxis and ride-booking apps are also available in the city.
- From Viracopos International Airport (Campinas): 19 minutes (17.9 km)
- From Cumbica International Airport (São Paulo): 1 h 34 min (111 km)
- From Viracopos International Airport (Campinas) to Campinas Bus Terminal: 40 minutes (20.4 km)
- From Cumbica International Airport (São Paulo) to Campinas Bus Terminal: 2h (111 km)
- From Campinas Bus Terminal to Hotel: 36 minutes (17.9 km)
The image below is an aereal photo of the venue.
Access A and B are the entrances from the street, so if you’re coming by car and don’t park, keep in mind that:
- Access A is the main entrance to the Hall.
- Access B is the direct entrance to the Exhibition Area.
Access C is the entrance for those coming from the Tower Anhanguera and Contemporaneo Hotel, parked at the venue’s parking lot or walking from the Plaza.
SAS22 main entrance is Access A, and there is signage indication fot the stairs and paths to get to Foyer A, Campinas Auditorium and Jatoba room.
- For those staying at Tower Anhanguera: There will be signage along the walking path through Tower Anhanguera. Look for Foyer A and Convention Center signs.
- For those staying at Royal Palm Plaza: there is free shuttle transport for the Convention Center, Monday through Friday, starting 8 AM. Please inform yourself at the hotel’s front desk.
- For those staying at Hotel Contemporaneo: there is free shuttle transport for the Convention Center, Monday through Friday, starting 8 AM. Please inform yourself at the hotel’s front desk. Still, if you prefer, it is only a 5 minute walk.
Accommodations in Campinas, SP
Royal Palm Complex Reservation Central
Contact the Reservation Central in case of facing any problems with the online reservation:
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: +55 19 21178002
- Whatsapp: +55 19 996347315
In case of using the hotel contact lines, do not forget to mention the promocode “SAS2022″ to get the 10% discount when booking your stay directly with the customer service.
Attention: The Royal Palm Tower Indaiatuba is part of the “Royal Palm Hotels & Resorts” complex. However, booking your stay in this hotel it is not reccommended due its location in other city (Indaiatuba city).
Other options for accommodations
Royal Palm Convention Center
Sirius' Guided Tour
Tourism in Campinas, SP
Viracopos International Airport
The Viracopos International Airport, located in the city of Campinas, 99 kilometers from São Paulo, has a modern and comfortable passenger terminal. Located in one of the regions with the largest infrastructure in Brazil, Viracopos is one important hub for flights across all Brazil for destinations as Rio de Janeiro and Foz do Iguaçu and countries abroad.
Address: Rodovia Santos Dumont, km 66 – Parque Viracopos, Campinas – SP
North and South Coast of São Paulo
About 300 km away from Campinas is the coast of São Paulo with its beautiful beaches.
Restaurants and Nightlife
Campinas has an incredible variety of flavors. Enjoy the gastronomic variety in restaurants that range from rustic to sophisticated.
Observatório Municipal de Campinas Jean Nicolini
The Municipal Observatory of Campinas Jean Nicolini is an astronomical observatory located in the district of Joaquim Egídio, municipality of Campinas.
Address: Estrada do Capricórnio, no Parque Pico das Cabras
Code of Conduct Policy
All attendees, speakers, and sponsors at XVIII International Small-Angle Scattering Conference (SAS2022) are required to agree with the following code of conduct. Organizers will enforce this code throughout the event. Creating a supportive environment to enable scientific discourse at SAS2022 is the responsibility of all participants.
Our meeting provides a harassment-free conference experience for everyone. Participants must agree to be professional and courteous regardless of gender, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, disability, race, ethnicity, appearance, political affiliation, or religion.
It is strictly prohibited any of the following actions during the conference:
- Recording, copying, or capturing any conference material presented;
- Sharing content with nonregistered users;
- The use of hostile or profane language;
- Offering or soliciting products or services in the event areas, in or outside of the virtual app, or exhibitor areas and from any attendee not designated as companies representatives.
Violations of this code of conduct policy should be reported to directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or to any SAS2022 staff or organizing committee member. Sanctions may range from verbal warning, to ejection from the meeting without refund or to notifying appropriate authorities. Your co-operation will help ensure an enjoyable and safe experience for everybody.
SAS 2022 Organizing Committee
Statement of Gender Balance at SAS 2022
Statement on Gender Balance at SAS2022
Promoting the gender balance is critical for the future of science. It allows that young women, men and others can see real evidence that scientists can be successful despite of gender. Among the opportunities, conferences and symposia are great ways of generating new collaborations and new ideas. By extending the speaking invitation opportunities to women and other under-represented sections of the academic community, we provide a boost to their visibility and their track record (Martin JL (2014) PLoS Comput Biol 10(11), e1003903. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pcbi.1003903.) As part of this initiative, the current committee proposes measures to ensure the gender balance and to promote the engagement of women in the SAS community, considering all the stages of their careers.
From the event organization
- A person in charge of the gender balance (gender balance advisor) has been appointed to analyze and ensure a fair gender balance.
- The conference Scientific Program Committee was assembled to comply with the gender balance.
- We have collected the statistics on men, women and other attending previous SAS conferences to set gender balance aims and to analyze evolution of the community.
- Based on the statistics, the gender balance will be sought:
a) for plenary speakers;
b) for session chairs;
c) for students receiving the conference financial support, to cover subscription fees.
Since the statistics are an average among different fields, in cases where the balance is not followed, it should be provided a report of names considered that explains the <30% to the organizing committee.
- Accompanying attendees for people with children will be issued at no extra cost. However, we encourage people not to travel with children due to the COVID-19 crisis.
- A dedicated tab at SAS2022 webpage will be describing the organization issues related to gender balance. By the end of the event the speaker statistics mentioned at this document will be made public via the website.
- After the conference, these initiatives will be critically analyzed, and a report will be provided to the organizing committee in order to evaluate the outcome and possible ways of improving the initiatives.
- Finally, the goal is to purpose a survey gathering all the statistics of the current event that can feed future SAS conferences and evaluate the gender balance progression in the community.
SAS2022 Organizing Committee