The Brazilian Bioethanol Science and Technology Laboratory (CTBE) will host the “III Workshop on Sugarcane Physiology for Agronomic Applications” to discuss problem-solving strategies throughout the sugarcane production chain and physiological, biochemical and genetic factors that control plant growth and development. This year the workshop will be held on 2nd and 3rd December, and will count with world-wide renown researchers to discuss several topics related to sugarcane, divided into the following sections:
- Sugarcane in the field, sugarcane-environment interactions;
- Resources for sugarcane genomics;
- Sugarcane metabolism, growth and development.
Researchers and professors from Brazil, Australia, Canada and United States, with experience in plant growth and development, mineral nutrition in different environments, photosynthetic efficiency and productivity, plant breeding, among others, were invited to participate in this workshop. This workshop has become a tradition at CTBE and is already expected by the scientific community interested in investigating and improving the sugarcane agricultural system and disseminate discoveries related to the physiology and metabolism of this plant species.
- Nicholas Provart – University of Toronto (Canada)
- Paula McSteen – University of Missouri (USA)
- Antony Dodd – University of Bristol (UK)
- Jorge da Silva – Texas A&M University (USA)
The registration will close on November 19th, 2014 (11:59 PM – NEW DEADLINE).[/vc_cta_button2]