Candidates interested in attending the school should be affiliated with an educational or research institution as a graduate student (masters or PhD) or researcher (post-doctoral) in engineering, material science, physics, chemistry or related fields. Researcher associated with the private companies are also encouraged to apply.
All the lectures in the school will be presented in English. So an acceptable level of English language is required.
Following are the supporting documents (prepared in English) for the application:
- Fully completed Application form;
- Updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) (maximum two pages);
- Graduate transcripts;
- Summary of research project justifying the use of TEM techniques (maximum two page).
- Essay justifying why is important for you to attend the school (maximum two pages).
- Recommendation letter (maximum two pages).
- An abstract of partial or complete analysis of your own scientific research, using TEM, to present as poster.
Abstracts must be written in English, including authors and their respective affiliations. The abstract title is limited to 300 characters, including spacing. Abstract text is limited to 2000 characters, including spacing and punctuation. Figures, if any, must be included in page 2, with captions.
Those interested in attending the school who do not yet have partial or final results, may submit the abstract focusing on the structural/analytical characterization problem of the own research, and thus explaining what TEM techniques intend to apply and how, based on the literature, to solve it.
Attention: the lack of any of these documents implies the automatic disqualification of the candidate
The application is free of charges