To work at the Brazilian Synchrotron Light Laboratory (LNLS)
The LNLS (Laboratório Nacional de Luz Síncrotron), part of the Brazilian Center for Research in Energy and Materials (CNPEM), is commissioning a new Synchrotron Light Source, Sirius, one of the brightest in the world in its energy range. The beamlines under construction for the Sirius/LNLS are based on advanced technologies in various engineering fields and synchrotron light techniques. The JATOBÁ beamline is being built to produce a high-energy x-ray beam, focused on micrometric dimensions, dedicated to the study of a wide range of materials using the X-ray diffraction technique known as PDF, or Pair Distribution Function.
The candidate for this position will be missioned to:
• Develop of the PDF technique using synchrotron radiation.
• Implement specific techniques and instruments for conducting PDF experiments on the beamline, exploring the micrometric focus and the high energy of the X-ray beam.
• Develop sample preparation procedures for x-ray diffraction, making them compatible with other related diffraction and spectroscopy techniques.
• Develop strategies for collecting and processing PDF data.
• Conduct scientific research within one of the strategic areas of LNLS / CNPEM.
• Support to the Sirius/LNLS user program.
The candidate must have a doctorate (PhD) in physics, chemistry, or materials engineering, or in a related discipline, and at least two years of R&D activities after the doctorate. In addition, it is necessary to have experience with synchrotron light techniques, mainly focused on material characterization, programming, scientific instrumentation and sample preparation. Good fluency in English.
Essential qualities of the candidate are:
• Ability to manage time and prioritize tasks
• Ability to interact with the group and with users at all levels
• Ability to work within a multidisciplinary group and perform varied tasks
Additional skills and qualifications
Extensive experience using synchrotron light
Solid formation in the area of diffraction and / or X-ray absorption spectroscopy
Knowledge in powder diffraction and / or PDF data processing
Instrumentation training, having developed innovative experimental arrangements
Experience in managing a group of people and in project management.
- Here at CNPEM we value diversity in all its forms and understand that people are a fundamental part of our success!
- Assistência Médica – Unimed;
- Assistência Odontológica – Uniodonto;
- Seguro de Vida – Allianz;
- Previdência Privada – BrasilPrev;
- Auxílio Creche;
- Restaurante no local;
- Vale Alimentação – Sodexo (R$600,00/mês);
- Vale Transporte;
- Estacionamento no local;
- Clube – Associação SESC gratuita;
- Convênios com empresas que oferecem descontos;