The Sao Paulo School of Advanced Science on Mass Spectrometry-based Proteomics (SPSAS-MS) is promoted by the Brazilian Biosciences National Laboratory (LNBio). The event will be hosted by the Brazilian Center for Research in Energy and Materials (CNPEM) in Campinas-SP, Brazil, from August 28th to September 6th, 2017.The SPSAS-MS program comprises classes ministered by experts in each topic as well as oral and poster sessions.
The SPSAS-MS, funded by Sao Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP), aims to provide an overview of state-of-art techniques on Quantitave and Spatial Proteomics, Clinical Proteomics, Targeted Proteomics, Post-translational Modifications, Structural Proteomics, Computational and Statistical methods for Proteomics.
If you are interested in attending this event, read carefully the following instructions:
- 14th February to 9th April – Applications
- 28th April – Announcement of accepted applicants
- The official language of the SPSAS-MS is English
- Applications are free of charge
- Applicants receiving FAPESP scholarships during the SPSAS-MS are not eligible to receive financial support from the school
- Undergraduate, graduate students and postdoctoral fellows (up to 5 years after completion of the Ph.D.) from all countries are encouraged to apply.
- For the selected applicants the SPSAS-MS will cover: air tickets, accommodation, food expenses and local transportation during the course. Attention: passport, visa and health insurance expenses will not be covered.
- For a complete list of documents required for the application, please check the application form.
Applicants will be evaluated by the SPSAS-MS organizing and scientific committees. They will be selected based on the letter of motivation, abstract of the research project, supervisor recommendation letter, academic transcript and the applicant’s CV.
Priority will be given to candidates currently enrolled in graduate programs (Masters/M.Sc. and Doctoral/Ph.D. courses) and developing a thesis in the field of mass spectrometry-based proteomics.
The applicant´s country of origin will also be taken into consideration, in order to include participants from all continents.
In total 90 applicants will be selected: 35 Brazilian residents and 55 foreigner residents.