Suleiman José Hassuani
Mechanical Engineer by the Aeronautics Institute of Technology – ITA
Engineering Manager at the CTC – Centro de Tecnologia Canavieira
More than 25 years developing technology for the sugarcane industry, including harvesting, processing of residues, transport of sugarcane and sugar, biomass recovery, processing and storage (bagasse and straw), industrial processes, biomass energy generation, cellulosic ethanol, electrical efficiency and emissions control.
Some projects conducted
- Implementation of a Cellulosic Ethanol Demo plant using bagasse.
- Bagasse pelletization.
- Energy generation for electricity.
- Sugarcane Dry Cleaning Station for the separation of trash and mineral impurities (soil).
- Trash baling and processing.
- Biomass storage.
- Technologies to reduce boiler particulate emissions
- Reduction of water use in the industry.
- Vinasse concentration.
* CTC – Centro de Tecnologia Canaviera (www.ctc.com.br) – A Brazilian sugarcane private research organization dedicated to the development of new technologies, technology transfer and services to the sugarcane industry.
Biomass Processing and 2G Ethanol Production – CTC Technology Demonstration Facilities
The presentation will show two different technologies related to biomass that have been developed by CTC which were already implemented at demonstration scale. In the first case, the processing of sugarcane straw bales as a means of increasing the available biomass that could be used for Energy or E2G production. The second, an E2G small scale facility for process and equipment improvement and technology demonstration.