ENZITEC postponed to the 1st semester 2021 due to COVID-19 / Coronavirus
The magnificent diversity of life on earth arose from a plethora of chemical reactions finely orchestrated by enzymes. The understanding of nature´s repertoire for accelerating or controlling chemical reactions, including the origins and principles of biocatalysis, is still at its infancy, but growing exponentially with the blow of omics data and the fascinating advances in experimental and theoretical approaches to understand how enzymes work at atomic and time-resolved scale.
The enzymes make part of a multitude of everyday products and production processes, and the recent advances in the enzymology field as well as in the development of microbial platforms open a new and bright horizon for a further and unprecedented leveraging of biotechnology. In this conference, the most recent findings about enzyme discovery and design, governing mechanisms of enzymes´ action, metabolic engineering and microbial platform development will be discussed. The meeting was conceived to favor networking and discussions, with a stimulating and inspiring atmosphere for students, postdoctoral associates and young researchers.
- Enzyme mechanisms, engineering and evolution
- Metabolic engineering / Microbial platforms
- Enzyme discovery
- Advanced methods for enzymology
- Enzyme prospection, production, purification and immobilization
- Structural and molecular biology
- Applied enzymology (bioenergy, health, environmental and industrial)
- Microbial platforms (microbial prospection and metabolic engineering)