The 1st Sirius Scientific Computing Workshop – S²C will be held in March 7-8, 2018, at the Brazilian Synchrotron Light Laboratory and is intended to discuss the mathematical and computational aspects related to image processing and their distributed computing, currently in use at our facility.
The main objective of the workshop is to provide an opportunity for the community to share their research in areas related to image reconstruction, segmentation, and high-performance computing, among other image processing techniques. The workshop will offer an overview of the main theory with a hands-on tutorial on several numerical algorithms.
Important pieces of information:
- Sixty seats will be offered on a first come, first served basis – but the organization can filter registrations that don’t fit to the S²C workshop area;
- The lectures are going to be held in the Brazilian Synchrotron Light Laboratory Auditorium;
- Lunches will be offered at CNPEM´s restaurant;
- Important instructions for the Hands-on Tutorial are available here;
- The workshop official language is English.