How to apply to the Minicourse
- Applicants interested in the Minicourse should confirm attendence in the Workshop Application Form. Participants of this sattelite event will receive two certificates, one for the Minicourse and other for the Workshop. The lectures of this initiative are going to be perfomed in Portuguese.
How to apply to the Workshop
- The applicant should fill the registration form that is available on the registration page. After the registration is completed, a confirmation message will be sent to the informed e-mail.
- If the applicant wants to attend the minicourse, please make sure to select this option while filling out the registration form.
- The registration period is from May 19th to June 26th;
- Thereafter, all the received forms will be evaluated by the organizing committee;
- On July 6th the accepted applicants list will be published on this website and notifications of acceptance will be sent by email to the selected applicants;
- The selected applicants must confirm attendance by email until July 13th;
- After July 13th, the Organizing Committee will be able to determine how many spaces in the auditorium are available. If spaces do become available, applicants in a waiting list will be notified.
Selection of applicants
- Attendance is limited and registration is required;
- 110 participants will be selected to attend the theoretical session (lectures);
- The number of workshop participants (practical sessions) is limited to 24.
- Registrations will be accepted based on the following selection criteria: (1) abstract submission; (2) prior experience in confocal microscopy; (3) Lattes curriculum or short CV;
- These selection criteria above will also be used to select the participants of the practical activities;
This workshop recognizes the important venue for scientific exchange and learning of the most relevant advances in light microscopy. For this reason, all authors are encouraged to submit abstracts and share their experience at the poster session.
The organizers will select a number of abstracts to cover a set of diverse light microscopy techniques. At the end of workshop, the best poster will be the winner and receive a prize.
All accepted abstracts to Workshop on Recent Advances and Applications in Confocal and Widefiled Microscopy will be published online on a PDF book available at this website.
The registered author can send only one abstract. To send a second abstract, another author must be registered. There will be an oral section and those participants who also wish to apply their abstract to be selected for this section, please mark this option during the abstract submission. The selected participants for oral and poster presentations will receive a confirmation by e-mail.
- Text should be written in English;
- Limit text to 2700 characters;
- Abstract should contain background, aims, methods, results, conclusion and information on ethical approval and funding support;
- Title, author’s names and affiliations are not included in word counting.
- Design as portrait posters at dimension: 90 x 120 cm (width x height); with a standard channel finishes;
- Poster should be written in English and the poster content must be related to the abstract submitted;
- Presenting author name should be written in bold font;
- There will be plastic hangers with adhesive available to hang your poster;
- All posters will be evaluated during poster sessions.
- The Workshop and the minicourse lectures will be held in the Brazilian Synchrotron Light Laboratory (LNLS) Auditorium;
- The practical session will be performed in different rooms in the LNBio building;
- There is no grant to transport, accommodation and meals;
- There is a restaurant at the CNPEM Campus. The lunch costs around R$ 13,68. There are also snack options;
- The Workshop official language is English. Only the minicourse will be held in Portuguese;
- The Workshop certificates will be distributed at the end of the event;
- Questions regarding the course can be addressed to: email@example.com;
CNPEM – Brazilian National Center of Research in Energy and Materials
Rua Giuseppe Máximo Scolfaro, 10000
Pólo II de Alta Tecnologia de Campinas
Campinas – SP – Brazil
Phone: +55 19 3512-1010
Get directions by clicking here.
- Hotel Matiz Barão Geraldo (Antigo Sol Inn) – (19) 3749-8500
- Comfort Suites Campinas – (19) 2137-9000
- Sleep Inn Galleria – (19) 2137-2200
- Vitória Residence Newport – (19) 3754-8000
- Cambuí Residence Hotel – (19) 3255-0133
- Mercure Campinas Hotel – (19) 3733 7700
- Tryp São Paulo Campinas Hotel – (19) 3753-8000