Please read carefully all the sections below before proceeding with the application. Applications are open from November 18th, 2022, until February 5th 2023.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION - Read all the sections carefully before proceeding with the application
The São Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP) funds the Sao Paulo School of Advanced Science (SPSAS) to promote short-duration courses in advanced research in different areas of knowledge in the State of Sao Paulo.
SPSAS NanoAgri&Enviro [grant #22/05207-1 – FAPESP] will offer a 13-day course in advanced themes in science and technology, contributing to the formation of young scientists. This FAPESP initiative expects to establish in the State of São Paulo a globally competitive hub for talented researchers.
The School will select approximately 100 students, 50 Brazilian residents and 50 international participants. The topics will be addressed in theoretical lectures and practical activities.
Who can apply
- Participating students must be enrolled in undergraduate, graduate or post-graduate courses in Brazil or abroad. Post-Docs and young researchers are welcome to apply.
- Applicants will be evaluated by the SPSAS-NanoAgri&Enviro organizing and scientific committees. They will be selected based on the letter of motivation, abstract of the research project, supervisor recommendation letter, academic transcript and the applicant’s CV.
- Abstracts for the poster sessions are mandatory, and will be taken into consideration for the selection of candidates;
- The applicant´s country of origin will also be taken into consideration, in order to include participants from all continents.
- Approximately 100 applicants will be selected: 50 Brazil residents and 50 foreign residents
- A committee will select the participants of the SPSAS NanoAgri&Enviro;
- Candidate must apply through the form (section 7), and upload PDF files of all the documents requested, as follows
1) Motivation letter, written by the candidate, specifying
-the importance of the course for his/her training;
-describing his/her research project and the institution in which it is carried out;
-informing the expected completion of undergraduate, master’s or doctorate.
2) One-page summary of the research project developed by the candidate.
3) Letter of recommendation from the candidate’s advisor.
4) Updated school transcript (English or Portuguese) of the current or most recent study (enrolled or concluded)
5) CV with relevant aspects of scientific work (including publications in international impact scientific journals)
- Only PDF format files will be accepted
- The documents must be submitted in English or Portuguese
Fees and funding
The São Paulo School of Advanced Science on Nanotechnology, Agriculture & Environment (SPSAS NanoAgri & Enviro) is funded by FAPESP. Registration is free for all. International selected participants, Brazilian residents outside Campinas, SP, and non-FAPESP fellows may have the travel expenses covered.
- For selected students who come from other cities than Campinas-SP, states and countries, there will be expenses coverage* as follows:
- Air tickets from and to the closest international airport from/to the selected participant’s current location;
- travel insurance (only for participants from abroad, according to the value available at www.fapesp.br/2921;
- Accommodation and food expenses;
- Local transportation for the course activities.
- Selected students who live in Campinas, SP, Brazil. will not receive a travel allowance.
- FAPESP scholarship holders must use resources from the Technical Reserve of the respective Scholarship to pay for their expenses. The same applies to transport costs if the course activities involve travel to a city other than the one in which their Research Scholarships are developed.
18 NOV/2022 to 05 FEB/2023 – Applications
05/FEB to 20/FEB/2023 – Selection process
27/FEB/2023 – Release of selected candidates list
03 to 15/JUL/2023 – SPSAS NanoAgri&Enviro
Before proceeding with the application, make sure you are familiar with all the info provided on this page, as summarised below:
( ) I am an undergraduate student, postgraduate student or young researcher (postdoc) with a high interest in nanotechnology subjects;
( ) I am aware of the selection criteria;
( ) I am submitting an abstract to present my work on the poster session
( ) I’ve gathered all the documents requested;
( ) I am aware of the conditions to receive or not receive a travel allowance;
( ) I will submit my application before February 5th 2023;